June 17, 2021

Archives for May 4, 2020

Cayman: A phenomenal public sector audit season in challenging circumstances

Despite the disruption caused by the corona virus to Government business and the majority of offices being closed as non-essential, twenty eight public sector entity audits were completed by the 30th April statutory deadline and all received unqualified audit opinions. While some may wonder why completing the audits in the current circumstances is important, Auditor […]

PAHO Director calls for continued immunization to avoid risk of other outbreaks during COVID-19 pandemic

Washington, DC (PAHO) — The Director of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Carissa F. Etienne, urged for vaccination programs to continue during the COVID-19 pandemic. “If we fall behind on routine immunizations, particularly for children, we risk outbreaks, thus overwhelming hospitals and clinics with preventable diseases in addition to COVID-19,” said Dr. Etienne.  In a […]

Cayman: Update on COVID 19 for Monday, 4 May 2020 – 1 new coronaviris case

One positive test underscores the need for careful hand hygiene, social distancing and the wearing masks when in confined public places. Even one person who has COVID-19 can pass on to scores of others unwittingly. ·        With 92% of Little Cayman testing negative and the remainder 8% testing underway, that island will have restrictions eased Tuesday. […]

Caribbean people, we got this! – Basil Springer Column

“Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13  The secret formula, which underpins the way forward as we vision and plan our future post-COVID 19 dispensation, is to be found in the inspiring Caribbean video “We got this. We Got This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXcY7MK7X6Q The message […]

COVID-19 Recovery Messaging

By Carolyn Gilbert & Leigh Jacobs NuVoodoo Media From All Access We’ve gotten nice feedback on the information and ideas released in last week’s NuVoodoo webinar, Covering and Recovering from COVID-19: Practical Steps to Help Your Listeners & Your Station Through the Pandemic & Beyond. If you did miss the webinar, fear not, the recording […]

St. K-N: PM Harris brings message of hope to workers, assuring them of his administration’s commitment to protect their families in good and bad times

May 4th, 2020 In a pre-recorded statement commemorating Labour Day 2020, Prime Minister Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris addressed citizens and residents of St. Kitts and Nevis yesterday, Sunday, May 3rd, with a message of hope that assured workers of the Government’s unwavering commitment to them. “We have always been supportive of workers – and […]

Puzzles for Mar 3-4 2020

Puzzles for Mar 3-4 2020 Number search/Sudoku/Word search/Crossword TODAY’S CROSSWORD PUZZLE #3 YESTERDAY’s CROSSWORD PUZZLE # 2 SOLUTION

Navarro: Locking down economy ‘Indirectly Kills Americans’

By Sandy Fitzgerald From Newsmax President Donald Trump had a “very tough choice” to make when deciding to work to reopen the economy at a time when coronavirus deaths continue to grow, but had to deal with the fact that locking the economy down “indirectly kills Americans,” Peter Navarro, director of the White House Office […]

US officials fear China might extort world with virus vaccine

By Eric Mack From Newsmax U.S. national security officials fear China might beat the world to a COVID-19 vaccine and use it to extort its way to leadership of the world, sources say. “They know that whoever finds a workable vaccine right now basically rules the world,” an official told Politico. China has been rebuked for […]

Caribbean Connection – We Got This

From South Florida Caribbean News WRITTEN BY: Waterstreet Boyz PRODUCED BY: Chris Allman @ Slam Home Recording Studio KEYS, DRUMS AND BASS BY: Chris Allman KEYS BY: BARRY HILL RECORDED @ CASA FUEGO MIXED BY: ANTHONY [email protected] CMI (HOME) VOCALS EDITED @ IWEB ENTERTAINMENT In a Caribbean cultural collaborative unlike ever seen before in the […]