Concacaf announces Clear Bag Policy at all 15 United States venues for matches during this summer’s Gold Cup
Miami (Tuesday, June 11, 2019) – The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) announced today that a clear bag policy will be in place at all 15 US-based stadiums hosting Concacaf Gold Cup 2019 matches this summer.
Fans arriving for matches at stadium gates, Futbol Fiesta areas or other areas where fans queue for entry into the stadium are strongly encouraged not to bring bags. Any bags that are brought to these areas must be in compliance with the clear bag policy.
- To view and download the complete 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup schedule, visit this link.
- Follow the tournament news at the event’s official Twitter account and Facebook page
- Tickets & Hospitality Packages to all Gold Cup matches are available by visitingwww.GoldCup.org.
The safety and security of the fans attending Gold Cup matches is our highest priority, and everyone planning on attending the tournament should adhere to the guidelines at each specific venue.
The clear bag policy is will be in effect in all 15 US-based venues for the 2019 Gold Cup. All fans should ensure that they are in compliance of the regulation before arriving to the stadium. Bags that are not in compliance must be returned to the patron’s vehicle or checked at a designated bag check area located outside the stadium perimeter (if available).
The style and size of bags that will be allowed is described below:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
Any bags that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be allowed in the stadium.
Any medically necessary items must be pre-approved by the specific stadium. Please contact the stadium directly to be considered for approval. All items will be subject to proper inspection at entry gate.
The 2019 Gold Cup will be the biggest-ever edition of the event, with more participating nations (16 up from 12 in 2017), more host countries (three, including first-time matches in Costa Rica and Jamaica, and more stadiums (17 up from 14 in 2017, eight of which are in contention to become a 2026 FIFA World Cup venue).
The 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup is sponsored by Allstate Insurance Company, Camarena Tequila, Cerveza Modelo, Nike, Scotiabank, Sprint, Toyota, and Valvoline. The tournament will be broadcast nationally on the Univision and FOX family of networks and transmitted on radio in Spanish by Fútbol de Primera Radio Network, and broadcast by television partners in over 180 countries around the world.