Cayman: National Security Council Meeting Prefaced Successful Holiday Operation
Grand Cayman, 20 January 2022 – The National Security Council met for its final meeting of 2022 on Tuesday 1 November. The meeting covered a number of timely concerns including each of the following:
* Commissioner of Police Mr. Derek Byrne briefed the Council on the current status of criminal and drug related activities, traffic incidents, burglaries and serious violence.
* The Director of Customs and Border Control Mr. Charles Clifford spoke to a recent drug interception at Owen Roberts International Airport
* Chief Officer for the Ministry of Border Control and Labour Mr. Wesley Howell provided a detailed update on irregular Cuban migration and shared plans for security improvement and processing asylum applications and appeals.
* Acting Director of WORC Mr Jeremy Scott shared concerns about criminal activities including marriages of convenience, illegal workers and high-risk foreign nationals. He also outlined the agency’s plan to address these concern
* Collectively, the Council recommended the approval of prescribed outcomes in the Panel Report of the Police Service Commission.
Read the full Post Meeting Summary here: https://www.gov.ky/publication-detail/nsc-post-meeting-summary-1-november-2022