July 2, 2022

UK: Planning permission can boost property prices

Pin It

By James Lockett From ProperPR The latest research by Birmingham estate and lettings agent, Barrows and Forrester, has revealed how much more your home could make in the current market when selling with the additional benefit of pre-granted planning permission.  Barrows and Forrester analysed data on property prices across 20 major cities, looking at the premium […]

Pennywise, Voldermort and Aunt Lydia – the onscreen villains we’d least like as a neighbour

Pin It

From James Lockett, Proper PR The latest release from property portal MoveStreets has revealed which on-screen villains UK homebuyers would lease like to have as a neighbour.  See the full release below: Pennywise, Voldermort and Aunt Lydia – the onscreen villains we’d least like as a neighbour Research by MoveStreets, the property portal designed for […]

UK: The Help to Buy Hotspots for first-time buyers

Pin It

By James Lockett From Proper PR Research by MoveStreets, the property portal designed for the mobile generation, has revealed which areas of the nation offer the highest levels of Help to Buy availability for first-time buyers, as well as where the scheme is highest in demand.  MoveStreets analysed current property stock listed across each county […]

Average monthly transaction levels still lag pre-Covid market

Pin It

From Proper James Lockett PR The latest research by Barrows and Forrester has revealed how transaction levels are yet to bounce back to those seen pre-Covid despite the boost of the stamp duty holiday.  The research shows that: – Across Britain, an average of 83,778 transactions completed per month between 2016 and 2019. However, since […]

UK: A good view boosts the value of a home by up to 54%

Pin It

From James Lockett ProperPR The latest research by GetAgent has revealed how much more homebuyers are willing to pay for a property with a view.  The research shows that: – Across 23 major UK cities, a property with a good view commands an average price of £536,187. A 34% price premium when compared to comparable […]

UK: A third of estate agents are in danger of burning out this Christmas

Pin It

By James Lockett While the vast majority of UK estate agents don’t expect to see an increase in working hours in the run-up to Christmas, they could be in danger of burning due to short Christmas breaks and the inability to fully switch off from work.  That’s according to an industry survey commissioned by Nested, the […]

UK: The homebuyer locations with the lowest burglary levels

Pin It

By James Lockett From ProperPR The latest research by GetAgent has revealed the safest places to buy a home when it comes to the chance of being burgled.  The research shows that: – *In England, there are an estimated 20.5 million homes while 150,000 burglaries were reported in the last 12 months. This means that […]

UK: The best property hotspots for electric car owners

Pin It

From James Lockett From PS Audio Last week’s UK house price index provided the final piece of the stamp duty holiday puzzle and the latest research by Benham and Reeves has revealed how much London homebuyers saved as a result, as well as which boroughs saw the largest total saving.  The research shows that: –  […]

UK: The best areas for property stock availability

Pin It

By James Lockett From ProperPR The latest research by Barrows shows where England’s most promising homebuyer markets are, based on the property market balance between sales and rentals on the current market.  Across England, 82% of property listings are homes for sale with the remaining 18% for rent.  On the Isle of Wight, for sale properties […]

UK: The homebuyer hotspots for a low carbon footprint

Pin It

The latest research by Barrows and Forrester has taken a look at the areas of the property market with the most affordable house prices and the lowest carbon footprint.  The research shows that: –  Across England as a whole, we produce 4.9 tonnes of CO2 emissions per capita (or person) each year, while the current […]