January 23, 2022

Cayman Islands: Attempted Robbery on North Church Street, George Town/Security Breach ORIA

Pin It

From RCIPS December 27, 2018

Attempted Robbery on North Church Street, George Town

Just before  3:40AM on  Thursday 27 December, police and other emergency services were dispatched by the 9-1-1 Communications Centre to a report of an Attempted Robbery which took place along North Church Street, near the junction of Mary Street in George Town.

It was reported that a tall, slim build, older man of light brown complexion with curly hair, approached another man who was walking in the area and asked him for money. When the other man (the victim) refused to give the man any money, the suspect demanded that the victim hand over his wallet and brandished a machete. A struggle took place between both parties and the victim managed to disarmed the suspect who then fled the scene.

The victim received several injuries including a fractured ankle and other abrasions to his hands and knees. He was taken to the hospital for treatment and later released. No property was stolen during the incident.

The police searched the surrounding and connected area for the suspect but no one fitting the description was located. The police are seeking the assistance of the public in locating the suspect in this matter. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the George Town Police Station at 949-4222.

Anonymous tips can also be provided directly to the RCIPS via our Confidential Tip Line at 949-7777, or via our website. Tips can also be submitted anonymously via the Miami-based call centre of Crime Stoppers at 800-8477(TIPS), or online.


Security Breach at ORIA

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (27 December 2018)

Please be advised that the Cayman Islands Airports Authority (CIAA) confirms that a security incident occurred around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 25 December 2018 at Owen Roberts’ International Airport. 

A male suspect entered the airport customs hall and evaded the officer at a security checkpoint before entering the ramp and boarding an aircraft that was parked and undergoing maintenance. 

The suspect subsequently escaped capture and left the area. He reappeared the following morning at approximately 6:40 a.m. and was immediately recognised and captured by Airport Security and the RCIPS before entering the terminal. 

The incident is currently under investigation.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
About ieyenews

Speak Your Mind